We are currently looking to recruit an Area Sales & Education Manager, accountable for the overall performance of their business area and is responsible for managing the commercial performance, driving sales and delivering a consumer focused culture
They are accountable for achieving this by:
recruiting, leading, and developing the Point of Sale management team to consistently deliver Brand expectations on sales and service, operations and product,
in collaboration with Point of Sale Management team, defining the commercial strategy for each business location, setting objectives and delivering operational excellence through the Brand Strategy.
Sales & Service
- Set and achieve sales and profitability targets for the entire area.
- Lead Point of Sale management to achieve their target through regular and impactful communication that engages and inspires.
- Monitor commercial Brand specific KPIs and through the Point of Sale Management teams, taking appropriate corrective actions if needed.
- Collaborate with relevant internal departments, retail partners and peers to create and execute a door by door strategy to drive traffic, conversion and cater to the needs of the local consumer, aligned with the Brand Strategy.
- Lead the Point of Sale teams to understand and deliver effective use of social media, leveraging opportunities to drive the business, protect and enhance the Brand image.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of surrounding competition, omni-channel initiatives, market trends, demographics and consumer needs / behaviours / reactions, ensuring relevant commercial feedback is provided to key stakeholders.
- Be an Ambassador for the Brand – lead the way to ensure Brand values are represented and bought to life.
- Cultivate a superior service culture focusing on the consumer as our #1 priority. Inspire, motivate, educate and coach Point of Sale Management on all elements of Consumer Service.
- Lead all elements of the consumer journey and attain the consumer service goals for the area.
- Ensures excellent consumer service at all times in all doors by spending time on the sales floor to observe and seek consumer feedback.
- Ensure all Point of Sale Managers coach and lead their teams to deliver excellence in Consumer Service at all times – encouraging a zero consumer complaints mind-set and a focus on compliments and recognition of excellence in execution.
- Drive Point of Sale Management teams to build a consumer recruitment and retention strategy to grow a loyal consumer base.
- Deliver Brand education via the digital tools and resources available to upskill Point of Sale teams.
- Coach the Point of Sale teams on Consumer Service, sales techniques and product knowledge to improve performance.
- Provide clear goals and expectations. Communicate and engage the team in business objectives. Foster teamwork and team spirit.
- Train, coach and develop Point of Sale Managers. Delegate and empower the management teams to run the business successfully. Conduct required performance reviews and appraise based on performance goals and KPI’s.
- Develop a culture of individual accountability, with a focus on achievement & performance, behaviours and compliance to policies and procedures.
- Lead Point of Sale management to proactively manage performance, attendance and conduct, utilising the appropriate procedure and support.
- Deploy scheduling/staffing processes to ensure that Point of Sale schedules are built in order to maximise sales and productivity.
- Ensure all Employee Data is stores, maintained and accurate through the appropriate systems always adhering to legislation
- In partnership with the Point of Sale Management team, ensure that high quality Point of Sale teams are recruited, inducted, retained and developed.
- Devise a clear succession plan for key roles across the area utilising talent from across all ELC brands. Actively work on talent identification and development to ensure key roles are filled, reducing business risk
- Collaborate with all teams to devise training needs assessment to create effective training solutions.
- Audit/approve schedules to maximize peak hours sales and support training objectives manage staffing allocations in line with payroll budget targets and sales performance.
- Complete all account documentation accurately and on time.
- Lead Point of Sale Managers to deliver excellent standards at all time (product presentations, displays, messaging, pricing) and review during store visits.
- Maintain inventory management procedures ensuring inventory is managed to optimise business opportunities.
- Ensure that all Point of Sale staff adhere to company policies and procedures in H&S and all areas of operational activity and achieve a minimum overall grading of ‘Acceptable’ during audits.
- Collaborate closely with the central teams, retail partners and local contacts to provide timely maintenance of the premises and ensures a safe, clean and aesthetically pleasing working and shopping environment.
- Ensure Point of Sales Management teams maximise profitability through commercial stock management, visual merchandising and replenishment, taking appropriate action where necessary
- Maximise sales performance by ensuring effective use of reporting to support commercial decision making
- Take action to ensure stock packages are adequate, maximising sales opportunities
- Ensure plans are executed effectively and efficiently to maximise sales opportunities through promotions and discounts
- Drive changes required to ensure business trends and external factors are capitalise on to realise opportunities to maximise sales.
- Lead and inspire teams to identify trends and make suggestions to enhance product performance.
- Inspirational Leader, confident in leading and developing managers and teams
- Management experience mandatory in retail and/or consumer service.
- Experienced in managing large teams / turnover
- Commercial and business acumen
- Experience in multi-site management with concrete measurable achievements
- Strong people management experience, distance management essential
- Experience in training and coaching high performing teams
- Ability to use technology to enhance communication and information cascade