Follow our guide to flash custom firmware with TeamWin recovery. Custom ROM is a third-party firmware and is based on Android source code by Google. It overwrites the factory-installed stock Android ROM with improved functionality and tons of customizations. Android enthusiasts prefer custom ROMs to improve performance and get their hands on the latest Android OS. Although every mobile brand sports different sets of features, still they lack the ability to access or modify system files and take complete ownership. This is where you can flash a custom ROM and experience the full potential of your device.
Mobile Odin app is a powerful application that lets you manually or automatically install Android Stock ROM, system files, modem, kernel files, etc. Here you’ll find original Samsung firmware download links for all available Samsung Galaxy phones. To enhance overall performance, users often stock Android firmware root Android phones and install custom ROM.
We will use our Google Account; you can sync all your App data, Contacts, Gmail, Calendar, Keep, Google Fit data with your Google account. In this method, we’ll use TWRP custom recovery and make a backup. Google Photos enables you to backup Android photos and videos to the cloud. Among the file types, select the all the ones you need to back up. Then specify a backup path on PC and click “Backup” to start the Android backup process. Click “Backup” to make the tool to start Android data backup.
- The Stock Boot Image file is a required component of the firmware file that contains a set of codes that must be executed on the device every time you switch it on.
- Here’s how you can install a custom Android ROM on your phone to change the UI, add new features, and customize it to your liking.
- The official software update can unroot Android phones and restore all the default settings.
- Personally, I feel Xtended has too many features and if you like feature-packed ROMs then you can definitely give it a try.
Some additional settings under the settings menu allow you to customize your device according to your needs and preference. You can change the status bar, battery icons, lock screen notifications, quick settings panel and a lot more stuff.
- The ROM is completely open source, so if you have the skill for it, you can fork the project and make your own custom ROM out of it.
- Which is the best way to install the Stock firmware on your Samsung Device.
- You can download any similar app of your choice, but I would always recommend to use this.
This firmware for the region with CSC code is TMS (TMS – Slovakia). This product’s PDA version is G990B2XXS1DVK4 and the Android version is T(Android 13). Download the firmware flash for Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G with the code SM-G990E.